The Essex County
BOARD OF ELECTIONS
How to Become A Poll Worker for the General Election
New Jersey’s counties, in partnership with the Department of State, Division of Elections, is actively seeking residents to serve as poll workers for the upcoming General Election. You may work in any county in the state, not just the one in which you are registered to vote.
Here are the answers to three top questions about becoming a poll worker.
1. Why Should I Apply?
- Earn $21.44 per hour on in-person early voting days and $300 on Election Day.
- Earn an additional $30 when you attend the required training provided by the County Board of Elections and fulfill your commitment at the polls.
- See our great democracy in action, firsthand, and enjoy the feeling that comes with contributing to your local community, your state and your country.
2. Who Can Apply?
- Are a United States citizen and a resident of New Jersey/li>
- Find you county’s locations at Vote.NJ.Gov